Three Common Boiler Safety DevicesJuly 29, 2019
Safety Tips for Water HeaterAugust 3, 2019
It has been confirmed by the history that Industrial Boiler is a time bomb. It needs constant checks and precaution for ignorance will lead to Boiler Explosion. In the case of Steam Boiler, the chances of the explosion are high if it is not cared for or maintained properly.
So what do you think is the reason for explosions? Let’s take a deep look.
Safety Precautions to Avoid Boiler Explosions
It has been proved that the explosions for any kind of boiler can be avoided. If proper care and checked timely, it can avoid many accidents. The most common reason for the explosions is the boiler’s corrosion and safety valve.
Steam Boilers Precautions and Safety Tips
- Before one starts the boiler, ensure the Hydraulic is carried out by the described pressure.
- When starting the boiler, make sure the inlets of the pump are open.
- An automatic system that removes ash must be installed such as the Rotary Valves in the boiler. It is installed so that it avoids ash accumulation in other equipment or the furnace. The accumulation of ash may result in excessive heating or blockage of boiler parts which would result in failure.
- When the boiler is being started, Pump Priming must be settled.
- Wrong and loose connections must be checked before one starts the boiler.
- The boiler operation must be carried out by the trained and professional technical boiler operator.
Regular Precautions to Perform Regularly
- The boiler must never be operated above the defined pressure.
- Cleaning regularly on the perforated line is important.
- The installation of the stainer must be completed before the pump. Remove any dust particles in the Boiler Feed Water to prevent the feed line blockage.
- The boiler must be fed only the treated water.
- Ensure there is no leakage of water, steam, air and flue gases from any part of the boiler. Follow the manual instruction carefully.